Sat, Feb 13|
Virtual Zoom Training Class
Virtual Cricut Training Class - Introduction to HTV VINYL 2-13 3:00PM CST
Join us for our Virtual Cricut Training Class Intro to VINYL! Training sessions taught by our talented instructors at The Scrap Cabana Studio! Join us for a few hours to learn how to use more of that cutting machine!
Studio Time & Location:
Feb 13, 2021, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM CST
Virtual Zoom Training Class
Studio Event Specifics:
VIRTUAL TRAINING CLASS NAME: Introduction to Vinyl - HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl) Project - Our Vinyl Virtual Class has a few options:
1. CLASS INSTRUCTION ONLY: You may register for this class for instruction only and you will provide your own HTV 12x12 Sheet of Vinyl and material to adhere your creation, any fabric that can be ironed. (T-shirt, Towel, Pillow Case). Iron or Heat Press.
2. PRODUCT PICKUP: You may choose to register for this class and schedule a pick up of the materials at our Studio location, that will be supplied for the class: 12x12 HTV Black Vinyl, and then choose your mixed media to adhere the HTV Vinyl from the following: 12x12 Burlap Pillow OR 12X14 Hanging Canvas.
You will need to have a household Iron, or heat press to adhere the vinyl during our Virtual Class.
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner & Intermediate (If you haven't created an account with Cricut, downloaded the Cricut Design Space program or explored creating in the program, then our Out of the Box Class or 101 Class is where you should begin prior to taking this class)
TRAINING/CLASS DESCRIPTION: Cricut Explore One, Air or Air 2 Cricut Maker - Introduction to Vinyl. Learn how to create a project working with Vinyl. You will walk away with a completed project based on the class specifics. The Scrap Cabana Studio’s Virtual Training Class will provide you with a sense of accomplishment and you will walk away ready to take on the crafting world! During our 1.5 to 2 hour session we will walk you through the following:
- Introduction to working with Vinyl, differences between HTV and Indoor/Outdoor Adhesive Vinyl, to mirror or not to mirror?
- Step by Step Creation of either of our Project Offering, ability to choose your own fonts. You may also choose your own favorite saying or use your name for the project.
- Black Vinyl & Material
- Cutting your project on Vinyl
- Step by step instruction on how to weed your vinyl project
- Placement of vinyl on material and instruction on how to use either a household iron or heat press to complete your project.
- Basic Q&A
CLASS REGISTRATION FEES:
$40.00 On-Line Registration (12x12 Burlap Pillow or 12x14 Hanging Canvas Project) Pick up of Material
$30.00 Class Instruction Only - You will provide your own materials to cut at home. Must have 12X12 HTV Vinyl Sheet & Material to adhere project. (T-shirt, Pillow Case, Towel) Plus $2.00 Convenience Fee. ($32.00)
Class Materials Includes: 12x12 Black HTV Vinyl, Burlap Pillow or Hanging Canvas. Must pick up items prior to class via drive by pick up at The Scrap Cabana Studio. (We can ship for an additional fee if we have time prior to the class scheduled)
During our Virtual Class, you will be able to view us & the others attending our virtual class and ask questions as we venture through together in the training session.
ELECTRONICS, SUPPLIES & TOOLS NEEDED FOR VIRTUAL TRAINING/CLASS:
- YOU WILL NEED 2 FORMS OF WIFI ELECTRONIC ACCESS TO VIEW OUR VIRTUAL CLASS AND LEARN THE PROGRAM: 1 desktop computer or laptop to access the online program & another desktop computer, laptop, iPad, or phone to view the class. If utilizing an iPad or phone as your viewing device, you will need to download the ZOOM APP prior to our meeting time.
SUPPLIES OR TOOLS NEEDED FOR TRAINING/CLASS:
- Cricut Machine, including battery cord and USB cord that was supplied with machine.
- Cutting Mat
- Desktop or Laptop (For viewing and working in the Cricut Design Studio) We do not train on the iPad app. That is a different class.
- 2nd Electronic device for viewing the class (Computer, Laptop, iPad, Phone)
- Iron & Ironing Board OR Heat Press (Or flat protected surface to Iron)
- Weeding Tool
- Paper Pad for taking notes during our session.
Join us for our Virtual Cricut Training Class. Training sessions taught by our talented instructors at The Scrap Cabana Studio via VIRTUAL ZOOM! We will guide you with step-by-step instructions resulting in your very own "AH HA" moment that you may have never thought possible. Some experience needed for our Vinyl Project Class. (If you haven't created an account with Cricut, downloaded the Cricut Design Space program or explored creating in the program, then our Out of the Box or 101 Class is where you should begin) Join us for a few hours to learn how to use that cutting machine! Walk away feeling accomplished and ready to start new projects! You can do this!
VIRTUAL CRICUT TRAINING REGISTRATION: You must be registered to receive the information of how to log in to attend our virtual class. You will receive a separate EMAIL link with the Meeting ID and password 2 hours prior to your class date/time. Please be sure to check your SPAM folder if you haven’t received our email a few hours prior to our event.
All sales are final for our Virtual Training Classes. No refunds, reschedules or exchanges. We have limited availability to our classes so if you cannot attend you will have to purchase another date.
Studio Cabana Instructor: Michelle Salisbury
Select your Event
Cricut Vinyl (Own Products)
Ticket includes one spot for our Cricut Training Class. Learn how to do an HTV Project using your own materials. Hours: 3PM - 5PM. $30.00 Online payment includes $2.00 convenience fee.