Introduction to VINYL - Cricut & Silhouette - HTV Vinyl Project
Studio Time & Location:
Studio Event Specifics:
TRAINING CLASS NAME: Introduction to Vinyl - HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl) Vinyl Project
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner & Intermediate (Must have basic knowledge of Cricut Air Family or Silhouette Studio Cutting machines, we will not instruct on how to use programs but go right into loading files, cutting and using vinyl)
TRAINING/CLASS DESCRIPTION: Cricut Explore One, Air or Air 2 Cricut, Silhouette Studio - Introduction to Vinyl. Learn how to create a project working with Vinyl. You will walk away with a completed project based on the class specifics. The Scrap Cabana Studio’s hands on training class will provide you with a sense of accomplishment and you will walk away ready to take on the crafting world! During our 1.5 hour to 2 hour session we will walk you through the following:
- Introduction to working with Vinyl, differences between HTV and Indoor/Outdoor Adhesive Vinyl, to mirror or not to mirror?
- Loading of pre-made designs for cutting
- Learning to size and cut vinyl based on project material
- Cutting your project on Vinyl
- Step by step instruction on how to weed your vinyl project
- Placement of vinyl on project material and instruction on how to use either a household iron or heat press to complete your project. We will be using a heat press during this class for adhering vinyl.
- Completed Project Success!
- Basic Q&A
CLASS REGISTRATION FEES: $38 In Studio Payment (Cash) | $40.00 On-Line, includes $2.00 convenience fee
SUPPLIES OR TOOLS NEEDED FOR TRAINING/CLASS:
- Cutting Machine, including battery cord and USB cord that was supplied with machine.
- Cutting Mat (We will have available for purchase if you do not bring)
- Functioning Wireless Laptop (Don’t forget the battery cord)
- IPad's can also be used but please be sure the app is set up and functioning. The layout is a bit different from the computer version.
- Paper Pad for taking notes during our session.
Join us for our Cutting Machine, Cricut Air Family or Silhouette, Training Class! Training sessions taught by our talented hands on instructors at The Scrap Cabana Studio! We will guide you with step-by-step instructions resulting in your very own "AH HA" moment that you may have never thought possible. Some experience necessary. Join us for a few hours to learn more from your cutting machine! Walk away feeling accomplished and ready to start new projects!
As you enter our Studio, we offer a cozy, relaxing environment and ambiance that truly feels like you are learning and creating at home!
CRICUT TRAINING Introduction to Vinyl Registration Fees:
$38.00 (HTV Project) Stop by our studio to prepay, cash or checks only.
$40.00* (On-Line Registration) *Includes $2.00 Credit Card Convenience Fee.
This Cabana Studio's Training Class age is 16+ (With 1 paying Adult purchased Registration)
Registered participants must arrive 10 minutes prior to our scheduled event. This will allow you ample time to be seated, beverages or snacks selected (available for purchase) and ready to begin the fun prior to our event start time.
Studio Cabana Instructor: Michelle Salisbury