Sat, Aug 15|
The Scrap Cabana Studio
Cricut Vinyl (IN PERSON @ STUDIO) Class - Introduction to VINYL - August 15@2:00
Join us for our Cricut Training Class Intro to VINYL! Training sessions taught by our talented hands on instructors at The Scrap Cabana Studio! Join us for a few hours to learn how to use more of that cutting machine!
Studio Time & Location:
Aug 15, 2020, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
The Scrap Cabana Studio, 129 Commercial Dr, Yorkville, IL 60560, USA
Studio Event Specifics:
TRAINING CLASS NAME: Introduction to Vinyl - HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl) Project - 12x12 Burlap Pillow or Kitchen Towel
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner & Intermediate (If you haven't created an account with Cricut, downloaded the Cricut Design Space program or explored creating in the program, then our Out of the Box Class or 101 Class is where you should begin prior to taking this class)
TRAINING/CLASS DESCRIPTION: Cricut Explore One, Air or Air 2 Cricut Maker - Introduction to Vinyl. Learn how to create a project working with Vinyl. You will walk away with a completed project based on the class specifics. The Scrap Cabana Studio’s hands on training class will provide you with a sense of accomplishment and you will walk away ready to take on the crafting world! During our 2 hour session we will walk you through the following:
- Introduction to working with Vinyl, differences between HTV and Indoor/Outdoor Adhesive Vinyl, to mirror or not to mirror?
- Step by Step Creation of either of our Project Offering, ability to choose your own fonts. You may also choose your own favorite saying or use your name for the project.
- Black Vinyl & Pillow or Towel Provided for each project
- Cutting your project on Vinyl
- Step by step instruction on how to weed your vinyl project
- Placement of vinyl on material and instruction on how to use either a household iron or heat press to complete your project. We will be using the heat press during this class.
- Basic Q&A
CLASS REGISTRATION FEES: $39 (In Studio Cash Payment) | ($40.00 On-Line)
SUPPLIES OR TOOLS NEEDED FOR TRAINING/CLASS:
- Cricut Machine, including battery cord and USB cord that was supplied with machine.
- Cutting Mat (We will have available for purchase if you do not bring)
- Functioning Wireless Laptop (Don’t forget the battery cord)
- IPad's can also be used but please be sure the app is set up and functioning. The layout is a bit different from the computer version.
- Weeding Tool
- Paper Pad for taking notes during our session.
Join us for our Cricut Training Class! Training sessions taught by our talented hands on instructors at The Scrap Cabana Studio! We will guide you with step-by-step instructions resulting in your very own "AH HA" moment that you may have never thought possible. Some experience necessary. Join us for a few hours to learn more from your cutting machine! Walk away feeling accomplished and ready to start new projects!
As you enter our Studio, we offer a cozy, relaxing environment and ambiance that truly feels like you are learning and creating at home!
CRICUT TRAINING Introduction to Vinyl Registration Fees:
$39.00 (Choice of material) Stop by our studio to prepay, cash or checks only.
$40* (On-Line Registration) *Includes $1.00 Credit Card Convenience Fee.
This Cabana Studio's Training Class age is 16+ (With 1 paying Adult purchased Registration)
Registered participants must arrive 10 minutes prior to our scheduled event. This will allow you ample time to be seated, beverages or snacks selected (available for purchase) and ready to begin the fun prior to our event start time.
Studio Cabana Instructor: Michelle Salisbury
Select your Event
CRICUT Vinyl Project 8-15 2PM
Ticket includes one spot for our Cricut Training Class. Take Away a completed HTV Project. Hours: 2:00PM - 4:00 PM. $39.00 in Studio purchase, $40.00 Online payment includes $1.00 convenience fee.$40.00